Soo Sunny Park (b. Seoul, Korea) - Unwoven Light at Rice University’s Rice Gallery in Houston, Texas. Composed of 37 individual sculptural units, the installation uses iridescent plexi-glass embedded in pieces of a chain link fence to cast shimmering, colorful reflections across the spacious gallery.
(Source: Flickr / walleyfilms)
- Me: I wanna do something
- Anxiety: No you dont
- Me: But
- Anxiety: No
[FULL VIEW PROBS 4 TEXT]
LISTEN UP KIDDIES BC ITS TIME FOR A DING DANG GIVE-AWAY
I’VE GAINED LIKE 30 FOLLOWERS IN THE PAST COUPLA WEEKS AND I’LL BE DAMNED IF I’M NOT GONNA SHOW SOME APPRECIATION
FIRST THING FIRST! I KNOW WHAT YER HERE FOR AND THATS PRIZES AND I’LL BE GIVIN OUT NINE:
- any transformers figure under $50 from toys r’ us, amazon, or target (your choice)
- one super secret surprise transformers item from a super secret location (just tell me ur fav ‘former and/or series and let me work my magic)
- a very special sketch of your choice of robo
- assassin’s creed III Connor statue
- $25 giftcard to gamestop (or comparable item if out of country)
- gaming swag grab bag
- any item under $25 from pokemoncenter.com (guess whats back in 27 days~)
- 3 packages of pokemon cards
- mystery item (so spooky omg)
RUNNER-UP PRIZE LOTS!
A.) Kre-O Transformers Series 4 Mini Figure Lots (sealed: the outer packaging was removed for identification; comes with instructions)
- Lot 1: Cyclonus, Alpha Trion, Brake-Neck
- Lot 2: Demolisher, Rampage, Brake-Neck
- Lot 3: Alpha Trion, Rampage, Brake-Neck
- Lot 4: Alpha Trion, Rampage, Brake-Neck
B.) Marvel Lot:
- (1) Wolverine figure, (1) Black Widow figure (new sealed in box)
C.) My Little Pony Lot
- (5) mini plush MLP characters (new with tags)
NOW FOR THE UGLY BITS: RULES!!!!
- WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN BY RANDOM GENERATOR IN ORDER OF 1ST-9TH
- THE FIRST THREE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE PRIZES 1-3 RESPECTIVELY UNLESS FORFEITED, IN WHICH CASE THEY WILL BE REMOVED AND ALL REMAINING WINNERS WILL BE BUMPED UP TO THE NEXT PRIZE TIER AND A FINAL (NINTH) PRIZE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED
- PRIZES 4-9 WILL BE RECIPIENT SELECTION, MEANING #4 WILL HAVE FIRST CHOICE OF THE RUNNER-UP PRIZES, THEN #5, ETC.
- LIKE AND/OR REBLOG AS MUCH AS YOU WANT
- REBLOGS WILL COUNT AS 2 ENTRIES
- LIKES WILL COUNT AS ONE ENTRY
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW ME BUT IF YOU ARE YOUR ENTRIES WILL BE DOUBLED
- IF THE GIVE-AWAY IS MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN ANTICIPATED THERE WILL BE A TENTH, GRAND PRIZE. THE ONE PRIZE TO RULE THEM ALL, AS IT WERE.
- GIVE-AWAY WILL END 0000 HOURS OCTOBER 1ST, 2014
Oh hey guess what ends in 2 days
Hehe equality right?
Do you not understand the purpose of this, or why the prices are what they are? Does this need to be explained to you?
Oh yea right, the famous “wage gap” between men and women that has been debunked tons of times! That sure is the right argument to fight sexism with!
Not debunked, misrepresented, as it is a complicated issue. It’s honestly more accurate to call it a PAY gap than a WAGE gap, since there are a myriad of factors at play here. Women DO, on average, make less money than men. That is indisputable, and the margins widen when you include factors of race, disability, and sexuality.
IF you would like some more in depth reading:
So yes, the bake sale above is a pretty simplistic little stunt about a complicated economic and social issue. But the fact that it pisses people off sort of makes its point for it.